Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Family Blocks and Shelf

I know how difficult it can be to decorate a home that doesn't have a neutral color scheme.  Currently, I have teal colored carpet, and although I love it, it can be next to impossible to find any decor to match if teal isn't a popular color at the time.  Luckily with a little ambition and creativity you can make your own matching decor!
To make this project you will need:

  • A shelf
  • Paint that matches your house's color scheme
  • Wood blocks
  • Scrapbook paper
  • Small mirror
  • Clear sticker tape
The first step is to simply paint your shelf.  I found this shelf at Michael's for $10, but I had a coupon so I got it for $6!  After painting your shelf, set it aside and let it dry.  Sand the blocks and paint them.  While the blocks are drying, cut different layers of scrapbook paper, and either print or attach stickers that say FAMILY on the scrapbook paper.  Attach the paper to the blocks using mod podge.  To make the mirror project, print an image on the clear sticker paper and simply stick it on the mirror.  Be careful cleaning the mirror in the future.  I have ruined the print in the past by using a glass cleaner on the mirror.  I hope this post helps you get ideas for simple inexpensive ways to create matching decor for your home.  Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment