Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Why I'm Lucky Blocks



As St. Patrick's Day draws near my sister and I have decided to post some more of our St. Paddy's Day projects on this blog.  I have included a picture of the completed blocks below, and as you can tell, I'm no photographer. :)
To make this project you will need:
  • Three Cubes (We cut these out of a 4 X 4)
  • One Base (We cut a 2 X 4 for the base)
  • Scrapbook Paper
  • Black Paint
  • Sandpaper
  • Ribbon 
First sand the wood until it is smooth, and then paint the blocks.  After the paint has completely dried, sand the edges of the blocks to give them a weathered look.  Cut scrapbook paper into squares that are slightly smaller than the cubes and attach them to the cubes with mod podge.  If bubbles appear under the paper, gently rub them down.  Don't try to lift the paper to get rid of the bubbles because it will most likely rip the paper (trust me I know.)  Then, choose a font and print the words, "Why I'm Lucky" on scrapbook paper.  I found a ton of cute free scrapbook fonts just by searching "free fonts" on Pinterest.  After you print on the scrapbook paper, cut and attach this paper to the base.  Add a bow around the top cube and place pictures that describe why you're lucky on the blocks.  I'm obviously still in the process of finding some cute pictures to put on my cubes.  Happy crafting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment